University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Master of Science in Library and Information Sciences
4.0 GPA in all degree-related coursework
Beta Phi Mu, Beta Beta Nu Chapter
Beta Kappa Phi, University of North Texas Chapter
Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
Focuses in English, Health Promotion and Rehabilitation Studies
North Central Texas College, Corinth, Texas
April 2013 – Present
Branch Campus Librarian
• Develop and teach information literacy sessions aligned with course objectives, and create supporting research guides.
• Support our faculty, students and community users through research assistance.
• Collection development to support all disciplines and accreditation requirements.
• Organize library events in cooperation with other campus departments.
• Hire, train, evaluate and supervise six part-time library assistants, and one part-time librarian.
• Oversee daily operations of library facilities and computer lab.
• Collaborate with other library staff to draft and implement library and lab policies and procedures
University of North Texas Libraries, Denton, Texas
February 2011 – March 2013
Research and Instructional Services Department Volunteer
• Served as a Reference Specialist for Library Services Desks.
• Taught information literacy classes for specific courses.
• Organized, conducted and trained volunteers for library tours
December 2010 – March 2013
Assessment and Stacks Management Unit Supervisor
• Hired, trained, evaluated and supervised team of ten student assistants and one full-time staff member.
• Oversaw a staffing budget of $50,000.
• Planned and executed major shifting and weeding projects across multiple libraries.
• Assisted in the creation and implementation of library policies and procedures.
• Maintained statistics kept within Access Services
March 2008 – December 2010
Access Services Library Assistant
• Assistant to Stacks Management and Fines Desk Supervisors.
• Monitored and responded to electronic reserves requests.
• General circulation duties and fines handling.
August 2006 – March 2008
Stacks Management Student Assistant
• Shelved library materials.
• Assisted in shifting and weeding projects.
• Collected and scanned materials for in-house usage statistics.
Texas Woman’s University, Denton, Texas
August 2003 – December 2003
Acquisitions Department Student Assistant
• Processed materials for circulation.
• Updated serials records.
COMMITTEES and WORKGROUPS
North Central Texas College
Library Blog September 2015 – Present
TLA CULD Scholarship and Awards Committee, Chair August 2015 – April 2016
Title III Grant Task Force, Researcher April 2015 – Present
Library Newsletter Staff July 2014 – Present
Open House for Adult Learners Committee July 2014 – April 2015
University of North Texas
LibPAS Workgroup August 2012 – March 2013
Library Assembly, Chair July 2011 – March 2013
Library Staff Scholarship January 2010 – May 2011
and Awards Committee
Library Holiday Events November 2009 – January 2013
North Central Texas College
Extra Mile Award December 2015
Integrated Library Systems
WorkFlows – SirsiDynix
Sierra – Innovative Interfaces
Millennium – Innovative Interfaces
Voyager – Ex Libris Group
Library of Congress
Operating Systems, Software and Web-Based Services
Windows OS, Mac OS
Adobe Creative Suite
LibPAS – Library statistical software
Plone – Content management system
LibGuides – Knowledge sharing platform
Blackboard – Learning management system